This accessibility statement applies to www.woodfordpc.co.uk.
This website is run by Woodford Parish Council.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some maps (such as the rights of way map are not all scalable within the site
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- call 01832 734329
Your request will be acknowledged and then considered and you will receive a further response within five working days
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of your problem and we will investigate.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Woodford Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the following ‘the non-compliances’, listed below.
The content listed below may be non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Some pdf files may not be accessible to some screen reader software
- Some images may be missing text alternatives
- The Navigation Menu system might not be compatible with all screen reader software
- All content added since September 2020 should be compliant
- Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. These forms will, where possible be converted to the latest formats in order to meet the latest accessibility standards.
Some maps are third party produced so are out of our control. Please contact us if you need additional help and we will agree a way forward with you on a case by case basis
A new version of the site is planned for June 2021 which should address these issues.
Version 1 September 2020
Version 2 May 2021